Enterprise Investment Scheme – Regulatory Hosting
We specialise in working with investment managers planning the launch of an EIS fund. We can assist in the design, launch and hosting of the fund under an FCA authorised umbrella – allowing you to focus on deal origination and value creation; whilst we look at all regulatory and compliance oversight.
Vantage Ventures specialise in the regulatory hosting (or often referred to as incubation) of venture capital / EIS funds.
- We provide you with Client Categorisation and Risk Management frameworks;
- We help with capital raising and FCA Section 21 sign off;
- Introductions to capital providers and investors;
- We work with medical technology, life sciences and healthcare related funds with our in-house medical expert (Non-Executive Director) to offer guidance on medical and healthcare related ventures;
- Specialists in financial technology, innovation and alternative investment funds;
- Property funds and ‘PropTech’ funds;
- Bespoke structuring of Limited Partners (LPs) and General Partners (GPs) around your business;
- Fund prospectus drafting and sign off;
- Full suite of regulatory documents, from client categorisation, investor on boarding to investment management agreements.
If you have established your firm and reviewing your current FCA principle firm, we can help with our complementary confidential ‘Silent Review’.
Like any professional service provider, we focus on what we know – as the age old saying goes, ‘we stick to our knitting’. As a specialist investment manager and PE/VC funds, we actively work with new and existing EIS/VC funds in reach the next level – be it through launching new funds, raising fresh capital or simply restructuring the business during and post COVID-19, we can help.
Why are EIS funds so popular?
Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS) are are tax-efficient schemes introduced by the UK government to decrease investors’ financial risk when investing in early stage start up companies.
EIS allows the investment managers complete control of the ‘fund’, with each investment being made directly into the respective start-up company, with the investor(s) who then receives shares in return for their investment. The capital/shares are often held with a custodian who are an independent authorised entity.
EIS Tax Reliefs are probably the biggest driver in the growth of EIS funds over the last 15 years. Qualified EIS investors can receive tax relief up to £1m of investments in EIS qualifying companies and 30% income tax relief of your investment (£2m tax relief if investing in knowledge-based companies).
Income Tax Relief
Capital Gains Tax Deferral Relief
Inheritance Tax Relief
Capital Gains Tax Exemption