Fund Hosting (ManCo Platform) Services for European, US and Non-EEA Fund Managers
As a bespoke service provider of AIFM hosting solutions, we are able to offer a holistic and integrated AIFM solution to fund managers as the European AIFM to the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF). We create a bespoke ecosystem which allows you, as our client to launch a fund (or a sub-fund of your existing fund) where the risk management activities are carried out via our AIFM platform under the AIFMD regime.
What is the AIFMD Regime?
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) was launched in 2013 as a regulatory framework for Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs) based in Europe - which consists of private equity firms, hedge funds and investment trusts. The fundamental requirement under the AIFMD regime is the control and transparency over the delegation of tasks relating to the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) such as portfolio management and risk management.
Why Use an AIFM Platform?
AIFM Solutions by VPV are designed largely for fund managers to navigate the complexities of the AIFMD regime so that resources can be deployed in value creation and deal origination, whilst the AIFM platform assumes all compliance and risk responsibilities. It is broadly far more cost effective for a European or non-EU manager to utilise an existing AIFM platform which can host any fund, irrespective of the jurisdiction of the fund.
AIFM Solutions & Risk Management
The AIFMD Regime has specifically separated the function of Risk Management and Portfolio Management functions. The AIFM on record for the fund will assume all responsibility for managing the risk effectively, without interfering with the portfolio management / investment procedures of the fund manager. Subject to the requirements of the fund manager, the AIF may also require distribution support to attract outside capital which can be done in the UK and throughout Europe under NPPR for small scope AIFMs.
The FCA considers that an AIFM must be able to demonstrate that it has specific safeguards in place against conflicts of interest that allow for the independent performance of risk-management activities. Such safeguards implemented by the AIFM are to ensure that conflicts of interest do not compromise the independence.
Third Party Hosted AIFM Solutions - Turnkey Solutions
Most funds which launch either as a first time fund, or sub-fund in Europe would generally use an outsourced AIFM solution until such time where the fund has sufficient traction to warrant the expenses and resources of establishing an full AIFM platform. AIFM Solutions, such as those modelled by Vantage Ventures allow a robust compliant ecosystem around risk management functions and portfolio management until such time the client wishes to operate as a AIFM in their own right.
We regularly work with funds, such as;
- Long/Short Funds
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Funds
- Special Situation Funds / Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)
- Investment Trusts
- Hedge Funds
- Real Estate Funds
- Impact Investment Funds
- Listed Funds
Design, Launch & Host AIFM Solutions
As industry specialists in the AIFM sector, we work with our clients and partners in designing, structuring and launching funds, complete with an AIFM infrastructure and compliant framework. Whether the fund is Open or Closed, we have a number of pre-vetted service providers that we can utilise (at your discretion), such as Fund Administrators, Auditors and Regulatory Lawyers.
Our FCA AIFM hosting solutions and platform are provided by Vantage Point Capital Ltd, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under FRN 790419 as a Small Scope AIFM.
Marketing Funds in Europe
There are two methods which allow the marketing of alternative investment funds (AIFs) in the EU by alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs).
We’re Here to Help if you…
- Are seeking a specialist AIFM - ManCo platform to tap into European capital, backed by professional advisers and integrated infrastructure;
- Want to partner with a fund platform that will offer a scalable hosting solution in line with your AUM, supporting start-up and emerging managers;
- Need a turnkey solution to access the European market for your fund activities;
- Are looking to establish cost effective Master Feeder Funds;
- Want to focus on the growth of your business, whilst we look after the fund AIFM - ManCo administration and regulatory aspects;
Our Objectives in Helping You…
- Deliver a turnkey AIFM - ManCo platform, fully compliant with European regulations;
- Give you peace of mind around compliance, software, fund administration and ongoing regulatory requirements;
- Offer you a scalable fee structure in line with your AUM, reducing your overall Total Expense Ratio;
- Provide solutions to any challenges you have as a fund manager;
- Enable you to work with your new and existing clients and partners with assurance and confidence;
- Help you develop your fund into a professional institutional product, attracting a stable investor base.
What We Will Do for You…
- Support the strategic direction of your fund, ranging from regulatory guidance to operational/platform support;
- Provide a fund hosting - ManCo platform that is cost competitive in line with your AUM;
- Ensure you are compliant at all times with the relevant regulations and apply industry best practice;
- Help you develop a strong investor base to grow your fund;
- Assist you in your marketing efforts to grow your fund and brand throughout Europe;
- Implement best practice in risk management and compliance.
As a global consulting firm, we work with our partners and professional advisors to deliver a solution around your specific requirements.